The Mount Pleasant, Ohio population (year 2000) is 535, consisting of 262 males
and 273 females. The median resident
age of Mount Pleasant is 40.4 years; the median household income is $43,750 (year 2000);
and the median house value is $53,500 (year 2000). Mount Pleasant covers 0.3 square miles
of land area.
This historic town features
as well as other structures and collections of historic interest.
- a major, early Quaker meeting house,
- numerous buildings that were used as hiding places on the underground railroad,
- a free-trade store (where only goods created with non-slave labor were sold),
- the site of the print shop that produced the first anti-slavery newspaper,
- a tree-section from near Mount Pleasant, which contains the initials of Simon
Girty, a notorious figure on the Ohio frontier,
See also: The Underground
Railroad Museum in Flushing and the